Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality
These two technologies offer a multitude of possibilities for training, risk management and task support
But what is it about?
- In real time, the embedding of 2D or 3D virtual models in a sequence of images of the real environment
- Applies to visual, auditory and sometimes tactile perception
- Used more and more in industry
- Examples: mechanical design, assisted maintenance, parts assembly
- Simulation of the user’s physical presence in a computer generated artificial environment
- Allows living an immersive experience similar to a real one
- Often used to prepare the user to achieve a complex task in the real world
- Involves most of the user’s senses : sight, hearing, touch and even smell in certain cases
- Example: immersive visit of new places
Are you intrigued?
How virtual and augmented reality can be useful to your company?
- Immersive visit to workplaces, allowing the new worker to control his new environment quickly
- Simulation of complex tasks, allowing the worker to acquire the necessary skills for his work before being placed in a real context
- Real-time display of the dangers connected to a machine
- Display of actions to be taken so the worker can work in complete safety
- Verification of equipment operation by simply pointing the equipment with a mobile device
- Real-time instructions provided to the worker during a task needing several important steps